Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking
(09-12-2018, 01:08 PM)stanky Wrote:  NZ always surprises me, based on what I knew about it 40-50 years ago.

I know skeptics aren't generally fond of organic farming techniques, yet, I still would have thought that the relatively well-off population would be fans of organic produce and even permaculture design stuff...regardless of its effectiveness.

What you missed is that for the first 150 yeas of our nationhood, farming was the only was we made money, and with it being cheaper to let cows shit in streams than fence the streams off, the farmers too the easy route and no politician dared challenge them. They had all the money & power there was.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I hear you, mate.

So NZ has become West Virginia?

How big is Jesus there?

I think there may be a jesus index factor as per the decline of your relative grooviness.

(I haven't worked out the precise algorithms for this yet.)

But shucks, even kentucky doesn't have a city named "Christchurch".

(Shamefully admit i was somewhat relieved when it got hit by an earthquake a few years ago.)

yeah,

that's just wrong.
(09-12-2018, 07:05 PM)stanky Wrote:  But shucks, even kentucky doesn't have a city named "Christchurch".

(Shamefully admit i was somewhat relieved when it got hit by an earthquake a few years ago.)

yeah,

that's just wrong.

I visited Christchurch about a month before the earthquake.

Just like I visited New Orleans a month before Katrina.

So far, nobody suspects a thing...
I like it hot and sticky - Di Wundrin
I have a praying mantis sitting on my leg right now.
It's so cool, I forgot what I was going to write.

probably something about how cool grayman is.

But what's the point of fluffing his ego?

besides, I'm not sure it could even be fluffed.

(Kind-of hope he doesn't visit here.)

Not that I'm superstitious.

If i was any more sciency, i'd have a pocket protector on my Davy Crockett P.J.'s.
(09-12-2018, 07:45 PM)grayman Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 07:05 PM)stanky Wrote:  But shucks, even kentucky doesn't have a city named "Christchurch".

yeah,

that's just wrong.

I visited Christchurch about a month before the earthquake.

Just like I visited New Orleans a month before Katrina.

So far, nobody suspects a thing...

That sounds like the Japanese man who survived Hiroshima by being just far enough away to miss the blast but near enough to see it. 
He fled .... to Nagasaki !   He was approaching the outskirts of the city when it was nuked!

That kind of thing could make you paranoid. Confused
(09-12-2018, 07:05 PM)stanky Wrote:  I hear you, mate.

So NZ has become West Virginia?

How big is Jesus there?

Not popular at all.

People coming out with the shit your christians parrot would be put in a padded cell over here.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I've noticed more Jesus freaks phoning talk back lately. They're allowed to babble on as they're considered greatly entertaining, for 5 minutes or so anyway.

While there has been a surfacing of 'religious right' factions in politics, the general population are fairly blase' about the Jesus stuff. We (most of us) still find people carrying on with that god and jesus stuff a trifle disturbing, but there's always a few zealots around who swallow the whole shebang.
Not anything approaching the intensity that it holds in the States though. I still can't quite grasp how serious they are about it over there. I still think they have to be kidding... but theyre not are they?
They seem to be sincere, but ultimately, they're simply dishonest. They've built a wall around their fragile psyches which enables them to digest the nightmares that they've come to endorse.

Thou shalt not kill seems pretty straight forward.
They've managed to flip that on its head. In fact, they worship killing.

After that leap of faith, anything is possible. All the effort goes into maintaining that edifice. It can't be easy.
It's a full time job.