Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how it should be done.
(03-20-2018, 05:36 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Now, is it any wonder why people get so confused about where the ologies end and the bullshit begins??

This seems to be where your POV diverges from mine... I don't give a shit about the above. I can't know what a multitude of different people thinking a multitude of different things may or may not be confused about.

Where the ologies end and the bullshit begins I can try to figure out for myself, should it seem significant. Not trying to be holier-than-thou or anything, it's just what I think.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
(03-20-2018, 03:18 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  But the addiction problems are so massive that it's hard to believe that many, let alone all, can be saved long enough for those with potential to have time to change and bloom.

Except, the example of fifteen years in Portugal shows that things can be changed.

The world continues to ignore it.

Even in good old liberal NZ we've had two major stories in the past two days: cops finding and destroying 10,000 dope plants, and cops declaring war on synthetics.

One the plus side, attitudes towards drugs do make religion look somewhat sane.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
The 'bustings' have been getting copious air time here too lately. Another 'big bust' on some Brazilian tourist with cocaine packed with undies sprung by the luggage nazis at Sydney Airport. like how likely did she think it would be to get away with that?

. But half a tonne of the stuff gets nabbed every couple of weeks to make the Border mob look efficient. I wonder sometimes if it's the same batch getting trotted out for press photos sometimes, it all looks the same, but we gotta believe what the 'authorities' tell us or ... well, reality might set in.
(03-20-2018, 07:05 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(03-20-2018, 03:18 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  But the addiction problems are so massive that it's hard to believe that many, let alone all, can be saved long enough for those with potential to have time to change and bloom.

Except, the example of fifteen years in Portugal shows that things can be changed.

The world continues to ignore it.

Even in good old liberal NZ we've had two major stories in the past two days: cops finding and destroying 10,000 dope plants, and cops declaring war on synthetics.

One the plus side, attitudes towards drugs do make religion look somewhat sane.

https://youtu.be/Uh7l8dx-h8M
"Just be patient, have a rum shot and a smoke and maybe a toke and enjoy the company." - sparks
Always on it, those boys.

Funny really - we have over a century of evidence that prohibition is the worst possible option, yet we keep doing it.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Trump wants to kill drug dealers.
I doubt that the offer extends to big pharma, wherein a single family operation drenched Appalachia with oxy-contin.
Or military brass running heroin from Afghanistan.
Or the CIA running coke into our ghettos to pay for illegal war crimes.
Or the copious drugs that came back from Vietnam n body bags.

Follow the money. That's why we can't follow Portugal's experiment.
And it's why we have such a huge prison population.

Any hint of a moral agenda in our laws should have been shredded by now.

War and drugs go together very well.

Trump's agenda is straight out of Hitler's play book.

(Happy to back this up with ten examples. Helps to know some history.)
(03-21-2018, 03:56 PM)stanky Wrote:  Trump wants to kill drug dealers.
I doubt that the offer extends to big pharma, wherein a single family operation drenched Appalachia with oxy-contin.

Not just Appalachia, either.

Billions of dollars, they've made. At a cost of hundreds of thousands dead.

Much cheaper than a war.
Trump's been slumming with Dirty Harry and picked up that idea.