Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American cricket gets ready for take-off
American cricket gets ready for take-off
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .-. ..- -- .--.
Quote:
Teams that play Test (top-level) cricket
England; Australia; South Africa; West Indies; New Zealand; India; Pakistan; Sri Lanka; Zimbabwe; Bangladesh; Afghanistan*; Ireland*

I new about Afgho .. but  Ireland??  News to me.

Can the USA claim to be a Cricket playing Nation when they have to import all their players??
It was a sure thing that Indians and Pakkies would be playing it somewhere over there.

Same happened here with Soccer, only immigrants could or would play it, yet  OZ got all excited if we actually beat someone.

There's Aussie Rules players over there too.  Expat amateurs but there was a move to formalise some matches, dunno how that went. 

Our Cricket team at present is the worst evva!  We await the imminent matches against England for "The Ashes" with a fair degree of trepidation.   Our only chance is if their team is the worst for a century too. Confused
as autumn descends upon the stankerosa, the sounds of crickets dominates the night-time air waves.

Chirp chirp, chirpington.
Really.

Who names a sport for an insect?
(10-16-2017, 01:08 PM)stanky Wrote:  Really.

Who names a sport for an insect?

Perhaps the insect was named for the sport?
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .-. ..- -- .--.
(10-15-2017, 02:37 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  
Quote:
Teams that play Test (top-level) cricket
England; Australia; South Africa; West Indies; New Zealand; India; Pakistan; Sri Lanka; Zimbabwe; Bangladesh; Afghanistan*; Ireland*

I new about Afgho .. but  Ireland??  News to me.

Can the USA claim to be a Cricket playing Nation when they have to import all their players??
It was a sure thing that Indians and Pakkies would be playing it somewhere over there.

Same happened here with Soccer, only immigrants could or would play it, yet  OZ got all excited if we actually beat someone.

There's Aussie Rules players over there too.  Expat amateurs but there was a move to formalise some matches, dunno how that went. 

Our Cricket team at present is the worst evva!  We await the imminent matches against England for "The Ashes" with a fair degree of trepidation.   Our only chance is if their team is the worst for a century too. Confused

They're trying to poach our NRL boys now.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/10/16/next-stop-new-york-american-rugby-league-club-wants-jarryd-hayne/

Hayne is such a prima dona slut, he's likely to jump at it.
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
Hope he does better than he did at NFL, good riddance though, tired of hearing about him.
Anybody ever play cricket fucking tripping on LSD? A MLB pitcher did, threw a no-hitter, even...

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/06/12/dock-ellis-acid-no-hitter-pittsburgh-pirates-anniversary

7th game of this year's World Series on now, such an event... oh, come on. Kicks the shit out of a Super Bowl.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
4th biggest (Houston Astros) vs 2nd biggest (Los Angeles Dodgers) city in the US, winner take all.

Some tightwads save money on deodorant by crumbling up urinal cakes and sticking them in shirt pockets... I save money by never ever turning on a television set.

Computer works fine. 5-0 Astros in the second inning.