Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NSW & VIC propose euthanasia legislation.
Quote:The legislation is due to be introduced in Parliament this week and would allow Victorians suffering from an advanced and incurable illness, disease or medical condition to seek a medically assisted death from 2019.

The (some) past presidents of AMA Victoria — Dr Stephen Parnis, Dr Mark Yates and Dr Mukesh Haikerwal — said they wanted to highlight the dangers the legislation posed to doctors and patients.

"The answer lies in better end-of-life care for the dying, not the provision of a lethal medication which cannot be made safe, despite the so-called safeguards," Dr Parnis said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-19/ama-presidents-pressure-victorian-mps-to-reject-euthanasia/8957800

Quote:An expert panel, chaired by former AMA president Brian Owler, made 66 recommendations to set up a scheme under which a person must be of "sound decision-making capacity" and the condition they are suffering from must be expected to cause death within 12 months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-25/time-profound-changes-on-end-of-life-choices-daniel-andrews/8740520

Quote:Premier Daniel Andrews insists Victoria's euthanasia laws will be the most conservative in the world, including unforgiving penalties for those who break the rules.

Doctors, family and friends could face a prison life sentence if they breach strict guidelines attached to the assisted dying legislation, which was introduced to parliament on Wednesday.

The historic and divisive proposal will be "the most conservative, most measured" scheme in the world, Mr Andrews said.

People will need to apply for permits to end their lives, the lethal medication should be self-administered and new crimes will aim to enforce the rules.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/09/20/life-jail-threat-vic-euthanasia-breach
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
"...not the provision of a lethal medication which cannot be made safe, ..."

What the fuck does 'safe' even mean in this context?  These people are terminal!
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
yup.
kind of silly.
I thought the stipulation on 'self administration' was bordering on absurd.

I would think in many cases that someone not able to self administer medication might also be someone who'd like a legal euthanasia option.

The life in jail threats are just icing.
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
Suicide in America is pretty popular. It's illegal, but you won't get busted for it.
Some shit might ought to remain illegal.
Imagine a world with no crime...kind of frightening.

As per people that are too ill to even manage the physical effort required to do the deed? Maybe they should have thought about it earlier.

(sorry. That was cruel.)

I've always had trouble with the overt concept of how much we all value human life, especially in regard to rotting old people and horrendously handicapped people and unwanted embryos and such...whilst simultaneously being engaged in developing ever better weapons systems; ensuring that we have the freedom to buy guns; arming our police with bigger guns; etc, etc.

A little bit of hypocrisy is always charming...but when it reaches epic proportions; in the name of Jesus?

If we can't snicker at it, won't we lose our minds?
People kill people all the time. Legally. In my bizarre case, it was illegal to refuse to do that.
People kill themselves all the time. It's illegal. Oh well.

Americans are very confused about reality.
One thing; a fine point of insane wealth; is all the attention we give to super cars and motor cycles that can go 200 mph.
Why are we allowed to buy those?
It's never legal to use them in the way in which they are designed. yet, we worship the weird freedom of that.

What a bunch of radical disconnect from reason we've somehow managed to find digestible.

I think this is why i admire surfers that risk shark attacks. I don't worry about them slamming into my shitty Honda at 200 mph.
Good points, all.

"But I need that 500 horse power to make up for the diminutive size of my dick!"
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
thanks, sparky.

However, I even suspect that the dick size theory of extra-macho behavior may in the realm of cliche.
(I don't know. Haven't measured people or seen any stats.)

But i have little doubt that there's NFL stars and NBA stars and rap stars that have amazing muscle cars and also have large dicks.
(They're black, for fux sake.)

ok, that was playing into a racial sterotype; hopefully the point is point-ish.

It's quite possible that Humvee owners and dick-size don't correlate any more than average.
It's even possible that Humvee owners and trophy hunters have larger than average dicks.

We don't really know.

(Sorry. I'm trained to object to allmanner of stereotyping...even when it plays into my own wishes. Possibly even more so.)

We should be foremost critical of ourselves as we delve into critical thinking.

In my case, I think my dick is very average.
Yet, if you saw what I drive, you'd have to assume, as Trump puts it, "There's a serious problem there."
I keep saying it: the only reasons against euthanasia are religious and can therefore be ignored.

We just need another 50 years of reduction of religion.

Meanwhile, people can use my DIY Exit Bag.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
murderer
So the law says. As it stands, me hosting those instructions could cop me 14 years in jail.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.