Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Camp: I Am Boycotting The NFL & You Should Too
(10-16-2017, 09:02 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  It is worded and intended very differently though right? Dodgy

I think the intent is similar, as The US Supreme Court ruled in 1939. To establish and maintain armed forces. (for the purpose of defending home soil)

The really important thing for the writers of the constitution was 'to not do it like England'. 

The 'tyrannical state' refers to English oppression.
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
(10-15-2017, 10:09 PM)Shiner Wrote:  Approx 65% of NFL players are black. You might be thinking of the NBA?

No, I was just making a wild guess on the basis of one game I ever saw any play and it looked like everyone but the quarterbacks were white.

65/90 - either way, massive over-representation, just like they are in police shootings and getting locked up in jail.
The greatest problem facing mankind is apathy.

But nobody cares.
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41642505/st-louis-protests-endure-after-police-acquittal

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41298313/st-louis-police-killing-unlawful-assembly-warning-to-protesters
"Life ain't stingy with the harsh" - stanky
I just learned me some stuff.  Some noise last week about 8 y.o school football players taking a knee in a few cities ....

Quote:The following is the approved Junior All American Football Huddle Prayer and should be said with boys on one knee, helmet in hand, prior to the start of any game.

God, our Father, hear us pray
As we pause to play this day.
Give us the strength and the courage
To do our best in all we do.
Protect us as we play this game,
This much we ask and in Thy name.

-         Amen

Ain't that interesting?
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
That, however, is outrageous.

If it's a christian school team, then fair enough, but for normal kids' teams?

God loves football.

Hates niggers, though. Especially poor niggers.

Conundrum.
The greatest problem facing mankind is apathy.

But nobody cares.