Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Camp: I Am Boycotting The NFL & You Should Too
(09-20-2017, 05:42 PM)Shiner Wrote:  My point is that Kaepernick defied his contractual obligations. 

Show where. I can't find the NFL having such a stipulation about having to stand for the National Anthem.
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
(09-23-2017, 06:42 PM)President Bush Wrote:  Show where.

Maybe you could show proof of the reason (that you all have declared) why Kaepernick doesn't have a roster.

Meanwhile, you may have missed these.

Post 6 , Post 7 , Post 13Post 16 ..... there's more, but I gave up back reading. Point is, you have no point.

(09-23-2017, 06:42 PM)President Bush Wrote:  I can't find the NFL having such a stipulation about having to stand for the National Anthem.

Ask Dr Dre. He may be able to communicate this to you in a language that you can 'parse'.

You guys have no idea how insulting it is to keep reading this shit.  I've bolded the relevant words for your interpreters.

(09-20-2017, 08:19 AM)Shiner Wrote:  The 49ers and the NFL both said (on the day he first did it) that he had that right. Why this bloke with the YouTube channel thinks he has a point, is beyond me.

As with the pig socks stunt he pulled a few times, no rules were broken, because none are written, but he broke the trust of 32 teams, apparently.

I'd call it a 'body of work'. Nobody (32 teams) wanted him. Go figure.

Quote:It has not been established that Kaepernick's lack of employment as a starting quarterback is a result of his anthem protesting.

Quote: There is no requirement to like facts, but refusal to accept them is not conducive to constructive conversation.
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
I wonder how many of the righteously indignant can see themselves as the head of a private company who, week in week out, need to cater to, manage and protect up to 100,000 paying members of the public.

I wonder how supportive they'd be when an employee decided it was his "right" to make said company an enemy of law enforcement agencies.
This was the NFL commissioner's official response to the Trump trolling.

Quote:The day after Donald Trump made comments about the National Football League and its players protesting, commissioner Roger Goodell released a statement in response.

"The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month," Goodell said in the statement.

"Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."
Calling a thing racism as a knee-jerk response doesn't actually make it so guys. I don't give a fairy's fart what color the idiot's skin is. To me it's simply this; I find his behavior less than honorable. I am offended by his whiney, millennial, entitled temper tantrum. I'm not buying tickets, buying gear or gawd forbid buying a beer inside the stadium, to support you creating controversy on my time. Save your issues for your time. Do you have on the gear? Are you on the field? Then you're on my time now. I don't care if you are green, blue, black, brown, white or purple plaid. End of my story.
(09-23-2017, 09:51 PM)OregonGirl Wrote:  Then you're on my time now.

Despite the fact that NFL specifically states that isn't the case?

MLB has joined in now as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-baseball-first-take-national-anthem_us_59c7051ae4b01cc57ff2a61e?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(09-23-2017, 08:12 PM)Shiner Wrote:  
(09-23-2017, 06:42 PM)President Bush Wrote:  Show where.

Maybe you could show proof of the reason (that you all have declared) why Kaepernick doesn't have a roster.

I have never before posted on the subject of Kaepernick.

(09-23-2017, 06:42 PM)President Bush Wrote:  
(09-20-2017, 05:42 PM)Shiner Wrote:  My point is that Kaepernick defied his contractual obligations. 

Show where. I can't find the NFL having such a stipulation about having to stand for the National Anthem.

shiner, you made a claim... why not back it up?
(09-24-2017, 04:25 AM)President Bush Wrote:  shiner, you made a claim... why not back it up?

I backed it up in the same post you quoted. And posts before that.
 You can't have read my posts in this thread.

Here's a link explaining the business behind the 49er's decision to let him go. It brushes on his failing to meet performance standards, mentions his declining stats over the 3 years since he signed ...... easy enough to find ...

just search 'Kaepernick contract'  

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/colin-kaepernick-record-49ers-contract-2017-8?r=US&IR=T

Meanwhile, nobody anywhere can show evidence that Kaepernick is unemployed because of his anthem protests.

Quote:There are several teams that will be looking for a starting quarterback this offseason, but based on his play, it seems unlikely that any of them will commit to Kaepernick at that spot. If he’s willing to settle for a backup job, though, it’s possible that he finds continued employment.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-opts-out-of-contract-with-49ers-heads-to-free-agency/

Quote:The Kaepernick situation is a fascinating one, because there is no one definite reason why he hasn't landed a job yet. He would be a major upgrade for multiple teams in terms of their backup situation from a pure talent standpoint, but he also brings a lot of media attention, something that NFL teams do not crave when it comes to backup quarterbacks. 

There are absolutely scenarios where Kaepernick's activism is costing him a chance at work, too; it would be naive to believe that every single team out there is perfectly fine with Kaepernick deciding to kneel for the national anthem, even if he's already said he plans to stand during the 2017 season if given the chance.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-49ers-wouldve-cut-colin-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out-of-his-contract/

.... sigh .....
(09-24-2017, 04:49 AM)Shiner Wrote:  
(09-24-2017, 04:25 AM)President Bush Wrote:  shiner, you made a claim... why not back it up?

I backed it up in the same post you quoted. And posts before that.
 You can't have read my posts in this thread.

Here's a link explaining the business behind the 49er's decision to let him go. It brushes on his failing to meet performance standards, mentions his declining stats over the 3 years since he signed ...... easy enough to find ...

just search 'Kaepernick contract'  

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/colin-kaepernick-record-49ers-contract-2017-8?r=US&IR=T

Meanwhile, nobody anywhere can show evidence that Kaepernick is unemployed because of his anthem protests.

Quote:There are several teams that will be looking for a starting quarterback this offseason, but based on his play, it seems unlikely that any of them will commit to Kaepernick at that spot. If he’s willing to settle for a backup job, though, it’s possible that he finds continued employment.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-opts-out-of-contract-with-49ers-heads-to-free-agency/

Quote:The Kaepernick situation is a fascinating one, because there is no one definite reason why he hasn't landed a job yet. He would be a major upgrade for multiple teams in terms of their backup situation from a pure talent standpoint, but he also brings a lot of media attention, something that NFL teams do not crave when it comes to backup quarterbacks. 

There are absolutely scenarios where Kaepernick's activism is costing him a chance at work, too; it would be naive to believe that every single team out there is perfectly fine with Kaepernick deciding to kneel for the national anthem, even if he's already said he plans to stand during the 2017 season if given the chance.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-49ers-wouldve-cut-colin-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out-of-his-contract/

.... sigh .....

Quote:"My point is that Kaepernick defied his contractual obligations."

Where? What contractual obligations, specifically, did he defy?
This feels distractionary to me.
It's all over the news, yet it's irrelevant as hell.
This sort of thing often happens as a smokescreen to real shit taking place behind the scenes.

Even the symbolism is whacky.
As a young Catholic, we were forced to knee as a sign of reverence. Standing would have been the protest position.

Meanwhile, non-protesters are getting busted and sprayed in St Louis.
And more un-armed people are getting killed by cops.
We can barely keep up with it. People get bored of repetitious news.
Even the hurricanes barely get a mention...even though Maria is still a cat 3 making big waves on our east coasts.