Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyson and Snowden talk encryption and more:
Hate is the new love.

If ya can't beat 'em .......
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
I gave it up 12 hours ago. Now you're doubling up on the double down. Knock yourselves out.

I'm so glad us stupid Australians don't have to worry ourselves about confusing things like Freedom.

Indoctrination is not education
Quote:If you were here, the most right-leaning of you would become uber-bambi so fast,your heads would spin.

Compared to Americans, Right wing Australians already are bambis!

This is not about the rights and wrongs of the historical guilt issue, that's for you to judge, I can't speak for Shiner but I've been trying to point out why the rest of the world thinks you are all batshit crazy.

I like you anyway, but it's just a bit of explanation of why the world laughs that you have Trump.  Christ do you think Europe, Africa, Asia hasn't had, and still has, it's share of Trumps??  They've been surviving them stoicly for centuries.  They don't collapse into tears when they get one, they ride it out.

They're laughing more at the way the people have reacted with tantrums to him than at those who elected him.
They see people in terrorists suits as 'terrorists' because they really do have terrorists!

You though may continue to see them as Spiderman or friggin' Batman or whatever.  Some kind of superhero swinging clubs in cause of equality and justice.   Personally, I found more sympathy when they really were peaceful demonstrators, but times have ramped things up and that's not enough now.    
 It wasn't then either.  You've been fighting the same losing cause for  most of a lifetime.  Ever think tactics other than direct confrontation might be a good idea??  

Don't expect the world to be as obsessed with your domestic issues are you are.  It doesn't matter that they don't 'get' that, only that they continue to respect America, and at present they don't, for more than one reason.

Ignore that the general consus not just here but all over Europe and Asia, that you are all so totally focused on your own internal hangups that the rest of the planet doesn't even exist except as a can to kick around. 

If you don't care that it sees you as a pack of egocentric personal rights obsessed narrow thinkers contemptuous of the free speech you espouse, fine.  
If you don't care that those in the world starving to death in shitholes wish to christ they'd been born the offspring of slaves in America where the very poorest live in the comparative luxury of finding food occassionally then write that statement off and label it "typical supremacist bullshit."  The facts are not as important as the message right?
But how many dedicated civil rights protestors are sending their salary to those really poor blacks in the part of the planet not America?   ... are they even sending it to anyone at all?  Or just contributing histrionics and posturing?

If you think we are impressed that you denigrate a man who donates half a billion dollars to the betterment of education and opportunities for the poorer people entirely based on the fact that he can afford to do it then you've lost the plot.  That just doesn't make sense to me.   You demand more from the rich then spit at them when they give it.   wtf?

If it doesn't matter that foreigners have their own lives to live and problems to surmount and don't understand the importance of American hangups because they shouldn't be expected to,  then just ignore we idiots.

You are obviously not interested in a world which has the impression that America consists of 2 classes of people.  Half who are trying to be supremacists, and the other half who already think they are. 
But just ignore that.  the world will go away if you dismiss the opinions of others from the equation.

"Indoctrination isn't education"

Nailed!!  What Shiner said.

I've got another salvo written about the whole PC/freedom indoctrination crap that you seem to have fallen for for so long.
We don't have the same history but we've fallen for the same guilt trip.  We've been there.

I didn't fire it earlier, thought I'd lay low and let things smooth over but I've just gotten really fed up with the attitude taken so I'll dig it out later.  Maybe. 
Not offended, just very disappointed.

Meanwhile just keep inferring I'm a nazi if that is the reflex label which comforts you.  I find it amusing enough to dismiss.

fer phux sake...

what in hell has allowed you to dismiss me as this shallow?

Did i have a stroke?

Do we get to ignore everything else i've ever written here or elsewhere?

I haven't suddenly become brain dead, love.

I'm still sharp as a tack.
Not sharp enough to understand the argument we've been trying to make about how America is viewed.
Nor to accept that not every single teary crusader for justice is there for the good of their soul. That some at least are therefor the rumble.

No side is ever homogenously good or bad. Alll the sides are full of people. No two alike. Wake up to that.
I'm absurdly awake.

Insomniac.

pretty much sharp as a knife.

Nothing could thrill me more than to be turned on to a new way of looking at stuff.
I'm waiting.

Meanwhile,

want to hear something new?
Please!
I'm running on 3 hours sleep plus some 10 minutes naps over 2 days too and the only sharpened is my temper.
The problem with America is that we have over 700 military bases around the world.
The rest of the stuff you point out is all true; human nature and such.
Two kinds of people, etc.

But we have this insane military machine!
And suddenly, the idiots that want to use it are feeling emboldened.

That's what I'm flailing about at.
It is rather pointless, I reckon.
I just hate to give the right-wing any credibility as a sane force...given this backdrop of might.

Seems like the wrong moment in time to yield more power to them; even lip-service.

Half the people in the U.S. are as sane as the typical European or Kiwi. More than half.
And then there's the other ones.
They want to bomb Iran, for fun.
They believe Jesus is on their side.
The long for the end of the world.

They're nucking futz.

And their man is in charge.
Quote:The problem with America is that we have over 700 military bases around the world.

The rest of the stuff you point out is all true; human nature and such.
Two kinds of people, etc.

But we have this insane military machine!
And suddenly, the idiots that want to use it are feeling emboldened.

That's what I'm flailing about at.
It is rather pointless, I reckon.
I just hate to give the right-wing any credibility as a sane force...given this backdrop of might.

Seems like the wrong moment in time to yield more power to them; even lip-service.

That's why I get cranky, that Americans are so selfishly parochial, so dismissive of what doesn't directly affect them,  that they seem not only unaware that their actions affect the lives of millions in other places ,  but are so arrogant   and too contemptuous, of those people they don't feel a moment's responsibility to them to be more careful in who they vote for.
They have no sense of "noblesse oblige".  They want to boss everyone but not be responsible for them.
'We' get no say at all in who gets to the wear Sam's gumboots and kick us around.

We see all manner of dickwads in interviews and news clips crying about their political feelings being hurt.  But they hold no thought that the bombs "their President" Obama was dropping were hurting to the same degree as the ones Trump drops.   What's changed?

I get shitty that the "good" people didn't do a good enough job of running the domestic arrangements there to prevent the "bad" ones feeling they needed to vote for Trump to get noticed.
I sympathise with the degree of difficulty in getting noticed.

Boohoo, your delicate Democratic sense of justice is bruised??  Tell us all about that!  The feelings of politically sensitive Americans is uppermost in the minds of the rest of the world.  They'll just put all their own problems aside to give you comfort.  
Poor diddums!

Sorry but looking for our sympathy because they let "their side" fuck it up is a step too far.

These people with their odd historical hangups have no idea that there's more than just their own friggin freedom fantasies at stake when they vote.

It's the feeling that we have no say in who they choose to influence and threaten and stomp on us in trade deals and drag us into wars that pisses us off.  We don't get to elect those people who hold the view that they are the boss of everyone.  
The people who do get to vote just give us the shits sometimes over the said hangups they have about what's "right for them" and fuck everyone else.   ... or even "Who else??"  Sheer hubris.  And they don't even realise how they sound.

We hear  "..and our allies will pay more.." from Trump.  Pay more   for fighting your wars that we are monstered into supporting even though they have nothing whatever to do with us?   That is massive arrogance.

We didn't vote for that. But "No taxation without representation"  does not apply when America wants to party.  We have to come dressed to play whether we want to or not!

.. but I'm cooling down. No seriously, mellowing.   It's not your problem it's ours.  We're too small a fish in America's pond.  Mea culpa.

Don't you worry about that "giving the Right wing any credibility" thing Stanky, your friggin Left wing has done exactly the same thing to us.  We can't tell the bloody difference!  Same wars, same whinging.

We've been invited to all your wars regardless of who is bloody POTUS.
Which brand of circus is playing makes no difference to us at all.  Hence our lack of sympathy for the infliction of Trump upon you .. and us.  He's no worse from our viewpoint, so far at least, than bloody Obama was or worse than Clinton threatened to be.  We don't care what colour they are politically or complexion wise, only how much they're going to cost us. What they do to you domestically is on your own heads. Don't blame us us, we can't vote.

But we've been down that track. .. and I'm mellowing. slowly.

Spotted this tonight,  too soon??

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2017/08/24/australia-secures-earlybird-bookings-for-next-six-us-wars/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=australia_secures_earlybird_bookings_for_next_six_us_wars&utm_term=2017-08-24