Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyson and Snowden talk encryption and more:
this pod-cast (audio only) is pretty cool.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking to Edward Snowden via 'bot'.

Snowden ain't stupid.

anyway, i thought this was interesting enough to share; didn't know where to put it; hence this new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q21JpvjPYPs
[Image: 200.gif]
"Nobody should pin their hopes on a miracle": Vladimir Putin
the other black Tyson, shinny one.
I have zero respect for Snowden so will be leaving that one to read when utter boredom gives me no other option.
crazy
Be fair, it's undiagnosed at present.
If you could shelve your prejudices for a moment, you'd hear some cool talk about the nature of surveillance.
This is two nerds talking about things they know about.

Snowden reported a crime. That's how i see it. A big, very illegal crime.

Was he a traitor to my nation?

No.

The traitors were the people committing the crime.

You aren't even American...

What has given you such a low opinion of Snowden?

(I'm curious.)
He was also a 'traitor'  to America's allies.  
Outing his own country's secret dealings is one thing, throwing it's 'mates' to the bloody wolves by publishing their secret activities is another.

The bastard cost us millions in Asia due to strained relations over spying on Indo and Timor.
They knew we were, and we know they do on us, but Snowden gave them the excuse to wedge us over trade deals  and blackmail us for more foreign aid as bribes to keep the immigrants from setting sail down here. 

Worst of all he cost us 'face' and that's important when you dangle off the arse of Asia.  

He put his need to big note himself as some truth and justice warrior over the considerations of collateral damage to America's allies.   We owe the prick nothing.
Interesting take.

I'm the sort of bloke that can't admit his mistakes.

And that's a mistake.

A mistake I can admit.

(Don't force me to give you a head ache.)
(08-02-2017, 06:36 PM)stanky Wrote:  Snowden reported a crime. That's how i see it. A big, very illegal crime.

Was he a traitor to my nation?

No.

The traitors were the people committing the crime.

Agreeing with you 100% here.

(08-02-2017, 06:45 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  He was also a 'traitor'  to America's allies.  
Outing his own country's secret dealings is one thing, throwing it's 'mates' to the bloody wolves by publishing their secret activities is another.

The bastard cost us millions in Asia due to strained relations over spying on Indo and Timor.

We've been here before and the trade/value argument is vastly overstated. Actual costs to Aussie were fuck all. Compare what Snowden did to that fucking prick Howard's involvement in the Axis of Evil, USA & UK? Who cost more lives?

Like Stanky says, the bigger - by infinity - crime was what the filthy pricks were doing. Aussie got caught with its pants down as well... Sorry!

There were far bigger things in play and Snowden was right to do what he did.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.