Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictable as Fuck
(11-03-2020, 03:45 PM)stanky Wrote:  
(11-02-2020, 08:35 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Allah doesn't seem to be handling the virus much better than God or Trump or (..name a national Leader here..)  in Islamic countries either, maybe there's a trick to it that they haven't cottoned onto yet?

Pumpkin, i was surprised to read  "...they haven't cottoned onto yet?"
I thought that was of American origin; southern po folk.
Is it a common Aussie turn of words?

Yes, I remember hearing it often as a kid, my grandparents used it.
In later years it changed to "they haven't twigged to it yet" and I never understood where that one came from either.'

Do ya'll say "I reckon so." or "Ya'll."?

No to the Ya'll,   we say You's.  Pronounced Ya's or as often Yers "..love ya's all.
But if you're asking for drinks orders for example it would be "whadda Yers want?"  I think it changes due to ease of pronunciation more than any linguistic gymnastics.  They're interchangeable.

Reckon was always in use although not quite 'reckon so"

"I reckon pollies are crooks " used as part of an opinion.  But in agreement it's usually replaced by "got that right" or "spot on" or just "oh yeah." but sometimes "that's what I reckon too".

Not quite the same.

Does Australia grow cotton?

Yes.   (China's trying to ban it which may  be a good thing, it's too greedy on irrigation for our climate.)

I know about the sheep. NZ, too.
So you probably have "Pull the wool over my eyes." and other sheep related metaphors.

Yes that ones been around since ever down here. We've got (or had) more sheep than people too.

(I have a lot to learn.)

Don't we all???
Church pastor exposed as a career con artist

Quote:Mariam Mbula seems to have it all. But this self-styled entrepreneur is actually a career con artist who has served time all over Europe. 

Mariam is currently a senior pastor with a notorious church: SPAC Nation.

SPAC Nation claims it is helping disadvantaged young people – but former members say that its leaders, including Mariam, encourage young congregants to take out loans and give huge sums to the church.  

A criminal investigation is currently underway into allegations of fraud and other offences relating to individuals associated with SPAC Nation, according to police.

It's always about the $$$
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .-. ..- -- .--.
(11-09-2020, 12:00 PM)grayman Wrote:  Church pastor exposed as a career con artist

1 down, 1,000,000 to go.

Gotta start somewhere.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.