Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bennie mystery solved.
He got wind of this in 2010 and noticed it was going to set his arse alight too so he bailed. 
Knew there was something rotten in the whole 'abdication' thing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-19/nearly-550-boys-abused-in-german-boys-choir:-report/8722678

Quote:Among those singled out for criticism in the report was the former choirmaster, Georg Ratzinger, who is the elder brother of the former Pope Benedict XVI.

Mr Ratzinger, 93, led the choir from 1964 to 1994. He acknowledged in 2010 that he had slapped pupils in the face but said he had not realised how brutal the discipline was.
Mr Weber said he was "to be blamed especially for turning a blind eye and not intervening despite having knowledge", adding the investigation did not show he was aware of sexual abuse.
Several testimonies said he was generally friendly.
It was not possible to contact Ratzinger for a comment.

" said he had not realised how brutal the discipline was."

"Mr Weber said he was "to be blamed especially for turning a blind eye and not intervening despite having knowledge", adding the investigation did not show he was aware of sexual abuse.

Where have we heard that before??  Beats me how people claiming to be so bloody stupid get to climb to senior positions in the Papal Mafia!   There are no dills among that bunch.  Just dills in the media and judiciary who believe them.

But send my prize for tipping this a while back.  .. I want a shiny one like TA got.
(07-19-2017, 08:53 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  He got wind of this in 2010 and noticed it was going to set his arse alight too so he bailed. 

I can remember you giving us that one, so yep, points to you!

What do you expect from a Nazi? They're sick, the lot of them.

The whole Catholic paedophilia thing is big news here right now, although I will note that other forms of state care were no better than the Catholics- there were lots of secular Kiwi orphanages where kids were subjected to ongoing physical & sexual abuse.
The greatest problem facing mankind is apathy.

But nobody cares.
Oh yeah, it's far from just them, but they've been the most viciously intent on covering it up.  All the way up to the very top.
"The Vicar of Christ" himself is sheltering those who themselves covered up for still others.
That is the ultimate betrayal, of the kids, and of all those who trusted them.  
However naive they may have been.  

I actually feel a little sad for genuine believers, Tykes in particular.  Not a lot, but certainly a little.
If my name was "Ratzinger", i'd change it to Johnny Depp or something cooler.

(Mr. Stanky)
Nah, they'd already had a few Pope Johnnies.