Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about the Pope, the Vatican, and Catholicism
Vatican faces growing list of scandals and secrets ahead of historic clergy abuse summit

Quote:"We must look this monster in the face without fear if we really want to conquer it," said Alessandro Gisotti, a Vatican spokesman.

But as nearly every day brings new revelations about secrets and scandals at the heart of the Catholic Church, it seems as if the monster confronting the church only grows larger.
"Just be patient, have a rum shot and a smoke and maybe a toke and enjoy the company." - sparks
(02-16-2019, 06:51 PM)sparks Wrote:  "The Bible is Trump's second favorite book."

Sorry.  Wrong.  Teh Orange Fucktard doesn't read.

"Just be patient, have a rum shot and a smoke and maybe a toke and enjoy the company." - sparks
(02-20-2019, 09:32 AM)grayman Wrote:  Vatican faces growing list of scandals and secrets ahead of historic clergy abuse summit

Quote:"We must look this monster in the face without fear if we really want to conquer it," said Alessandro Gisotti, a Vatican spokesman.

But as nearly every day brings new revelations about secrets and scandals at the heart of the Catholic Church, it seems as if the monster confronting the church only grows larger.

They must be gutted. 1500 years of being freely able to abuse little boys, and they finally have to give it up.

You'd expect that with that kind of work bonus now being disallowed, the number of priests - and guys wanting to join the clergy - would be dropping like a stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_shortage_in_the_Catholic_Church
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Oh dear, a shortage of priests? They say that as though it's a bad thing.
(02-21-2019, 06:36 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Oh dear, a shortage of priests?  They say that as though it's a bad thing.

[Image: tb4siGo.jpg]

Brilliant series! Nice find.
I wonder what the stats say about ex-Catholics and critical thinkers?

Iirc, half of us here fit that bill.

(In my case, they only molested my brain.)
Or did they tell me to only remember that part?

Maybe I've been hypnotized?

That might explain why I'm so drawn to pregnant Nuns, in my writings.

I can dig penguins, too...as a biologist dude...not sure if that connects to the pregnant Nun kink.
Sure, there is the black and white fashion statement...and it is suspect...

But i also dig orcas...also dramatically black and white...and eaters of penguins.

I'm confused.

Do orcas eat pregnant nuns?

Why, in this world of color, are certain creatures simply black and white?

Pregnant nuns.
Penguins.
Orcas.

Pregnant orcas are also black and white.

That's something to consider.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2019/02/20/killer-whale-encounter-antarctica-travel-orig.cnn
I've always found it odd that orcas don't eat humans...even when they easily could.
There's not much evidence of sea mammals ever being a major threat to us, despite our behavior towards them.
There's some recent documentaries of humans and sperm whales, getting personal.

It's peculiar, given our history with each other...and their teeth. And power.

It's a mystery to me. An intriguing one.

For that matter, the number of sharks that kill people versus the number of sharks we kill is also strange.
Several million to one?

Maybe sharks aren't smart enough to show a human-like vengeance? Even if they don't like us as food, you'd think they'd want to kill us, first chance they could. Same with orcas. And whales.

We haven't been good friends to other large mammals. To say the least.

just something to ponder, I reckon.