Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Politics Not Involving Trump
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-gosar-siblings-attack-ad_us_5ba57e7fe4b0375f8f9cfaed
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Sibling rivalry taken to high art form??? jeeeeezuz! glad I'm an only child! [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Shit, I can guarantee if I ever stood for public office, every one of my siblings would go on record as telling people not to vote for me.

They're all good little christians who are scared atheists - especially The Atheist - might diminish their faith or god.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Some simply do not want to hear the evidences TA. T'was the same in my family. Except for Mom (A red Irish Catholic), none of them knew what to buy into. And then along comes me. Started telling them about Teh Sciences and shit.

Fuck. What a rodeo.

But basically it always boiled down to them being scared shitless that there was nothing after dying. Except for my oldest brother, he got it. I think Dad got it too, but he was 80 when he checked out and was just too damned tired to think about it any more.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
[Image: DntGm4BX4AAe0sS?format=jpg&name=small]
the more you drive the dumber you get
Mum's father's family had that religion thing worked out.  Her grandfather was a Dublin tyke.  Grandmother was a Lutheran German. 

They raised all the boys Lutheran and all the girls Catholics.  

To my knowledge there was never any problems inherent in that.
They all got along famously, a very close family.
I met a few of them still alive when I was young and they were all smart decent people and religion was never a topic.  When one died the others all turned up in whatever church was involved or went to a civil graveside gathering for those who chose neither.  

There were 3 of each, I never heard my granddad mention any religious contention but he held no attachment to it at all.  Nor did his eldest sister. 

She stopped going to mass in her 20s when she married a protestant.  She never expressed any wish to go back when I knew her in her 90s.  But her 2 younger sisters remained close to the RCs all their lives.  But they didn't preach it.

Maybe religion just doesn't stick as much down here or something?