Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Politics Not Involving Trump
I thought a thread for stories about American politicians who aren't named Trump might be in order. 

Here's one:

Alabama 'Luv Guv' Robert Bentley quits over relationship with aide

Quote:Robert Bentley, a two-term Republican, stepped down as lawmakers began impeachment proceedings against him.

The tawdry saga has seen his suggestive text and phone messages with a former adviser splashed across media.
The state ethics commission last week found reason to believe he had committed four felony crimes involving possible misuse of state funds...

...Mr Bentley, a 74-year-old former Baptist deacon and dermatologist, was last week defying calls to step down, including from leaders of his own party.
...The governor also mistakenly sent his wife, Dianne Bentley, a text message that said, "I love you Rebekah".

In March 2014 Mrs Bentley secretly recorded an explicit phone conversation between her husband and a woman he addressed as Rebekah.
"When I stand behind you," he is heard saying in a recording that was leaked to local media, "and I put my arms around you, and I put my hands on your breasts, and I put my hands (unintelligible) and just pull you real close. I love that, too."
The tentacles glow.
- stanky
Oh thank god for that!! There hasn't been a proper sex scandal since Weiner's dickie pics. I was afraid they were losing their touch.

Nice to see the pious are holding up their end in the scandal department. Well done. Jezuzz lurves ya'.
amazing that sex is what it takes to bring someone down.
stealing billions doesn't rate.

that gov seemed relatively wholesome.

we're such a prudish nation on the surface.
(04-11-2017, 09:38 AM)stanky Wrote:  amazing that sex is what it takes to bring someone down.
stealing billions doesn't rate.

that gov seemed relatively wholesome.

we're such a prudish nation on the surface.

As I understand it, France is the opposite. A financial scandal may ruin someone, but a having several romantiic affairs...[insert Gallic shrug here].
The tentacles glow.
- stanky
We were kind of proud of Kennedy, doing Marilyn Monroe.
Clinton was trashier, but never resigned for it.
(04-11-2017, 01:00 PM)grayman Wrote:  As I understand it, France is the opposite. A financial scandal may ruin someone, but a having several romantiic affairs...[insert Gallic shrug here].

Which is exactly how it should be. Who cares who's fucking whom? As long as they're not fucking the public.

UK is exactly the same, as evinced by that fat elitist, misogynist shit, Boris Johnson, being secretary of whatever the fuck he is.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
I concur. If they're doing the job they're paid for then what they do in their spare time is their business.
Vive la France.

The US, and 'we' are schizo when it comes to morals. I blame Queen Victoria for our double standards, the US can blame whoever they like.

Wish you wouldn't diss Boris TA, we need him to make the others look better.

He's good snigger value too, a necessary ingredient in politics.
Well, to be fair about this, he's in trouble because he misused his office and public funds because of the woman. If he hadn't had his hand in the cash drawer, it might not have come to this.

But leave it to the conservatives to be spouting family values while grabbing pussy at the same time.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
I see your point on that, it's the hypocrisy that's the crime not the sex.
Congressman tells angry constituents the idea that they pay his salary is ‘bullcrap’

Quote:Markwayne Mullin, speaking at a town hall Tuesday in Jay, Oklahoma, was responding to a question from the audience when he responded to a claim that constituents pay for him to work in Congress.

“You say you pay for me to do this. Bullcrap. I pay for myself. I paid enough taxes before I got there and continue to through my company to pay my own salary. This is a service. No one here pays me to go,” said the 39-year-old Republican who represents Oklahoma’s second district, which covers much of the eastern part of the state.

When several audience members pushed back against this claim, Mullin went on, “I’m just saying this is a service for me, not a career, and I thank God this is not how I make my living.”
The tentacles glow.
- stanky