Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump Effect
Quote:You’ve been vocal about Trump. A lot of people have their beliefs but are careful about stating them, because they don’t want to jeopardize their career.

I think we feel the same way that all of the motherfuckers that hated Obama felt for eight years. So they said all that shit. They put fucking pictures up on the Internet of Michelle sitting with her legs crossed with a dick hanging down. We feel the same way that they feel or they felt about Obama being the man, even though he wasn’t fucking ruining their lives; he was trying to help their lives.
This motherfucker is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit. And the people think that’s okay. It’s not fucking okay. And if you’re not saying anything, then you’re complicit. And I wouldn’t give a fuck if I was a garbageman and I had a Twitter account; I’d tweet that shit out. I’m not thinking about who I am and what my job is when I do that shit.
Do you worry about antagonizing fans?

I know how many motherfuckers hate me. “I’m never going to see a Sam Jackson movie again.” Fuck I care? If you never went to another movie I did in my life, I’m not going to lose any money. I already cashed that check. Fuck you. Burn up my videotapes. I don’t give a fuck.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a26454543/samuel-l-jackson-captain-marvel-interview-2019/
Ask not what is the problem but, rather, where is the lesion.
wow.

Never been a big fan of Sam, or even movies in general...but now think i might have to watch one he's in.

Trump gets more dangerous daily. And we seem impotent to do anything about it.

He's not the same old shit.
He's a new, shittier shit.
He's the shittiest shit ever.

(Even Titanic Brass Polish couldn't polish that turd.)
(03-19-2019, 11:52 AM)stanky Wrote:  wow.

Never been a big fan of Sam, or even movies in general...but now think i might have to watch one he's in.

I have to confess I really like the bloke anyway, so I like him even more now.

If you do watch one of his films, make it Pulp Fiction. An ordinary movie, but the scene where Jackson quotes Ezekiel as he's about to shoot some bloke is worth the price of admission. He's also in Goodfellas, but only for about 10 seconds when Joe Pesci kills him. Watch it anyway, because it's fucking brilliant.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Huge Sam Jackson fan here too, he has a special panache that brings his character to 'real'.
Don't give a shit about his politics, makes no difference to me. Yes, Pulp Fiction was up there with his best ever.
But has he ever turned in a bad gig?
(03-19-2019, 03:47 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Huge Sam Jackson fan here too, he has a special panache that brings his character to 'real'.
Don't give a shit about his politics, makes no difference to me.  Yes, Pulp Fiction was up there with his best ever.
But has he ever turned in a bad gig?

Can't say I can think of any bad bits from him, and every film I've seen him he tends to steal it through sheer presence. Even utter trash like Die Hard 4(?) is watchable because Jackson's in it.

"I look Puerto Rican to you? The man said "Hey, Zeus". The name is Zeus."
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Before he was famous...

I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Trump has been extra bizarre recently. Lots of insults and veiled threats; trying to prove that he's bigger than the rules.
He may be going off the deep end.

His kids might be even worse.

I still can't tell if it's all a charade.
It seems amazing to me that there is no one in his inner circle that can influence his twitter tirades.
It's not normal.

I wonder if he'll demand that Kelly-Anne get a divorce?
(That's an odd couple.)
(Yesterday, 08:27 AM)stanky Wrote:  I wonder if he'll demand that Kelly-Anne get a divorce?
(That's an odd couple.)

I think she just takes the paycheck and shuts it down hen she goes home. George is a good guy and has had some premier takedowns of the orange toad.