Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nature Boys' Thread.
A day out with the dog. 

A brook in Vermont:

[Image: 46965109845_e616255430_z.jpg]

Ceilidh (our rescue pup from Louisiana) alongside the Connecticut River. A few weeks back the water level was about eight to ten feet higher (2.5 - 3 metres):

[Image: 46965102855_82c5512820_z.jpg]

I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Beautiful.

Amy trout in it? I can see a nice pool in that first pic.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
great pics, g-man. and cool dog.

i use to tromp around in Vermont a lot, before internet days. It was all pretty random, and i didn't take notes.
But i recall some awesome swimming holes in the Green Mountains. Pure as the driven snow; colder than a well digger's ass (or a 'witche's tit', depending on your sensibilities) Was it the Onion River? Something like that.

Because i was a swimmy guy, my nature treks were often based on the reward of a fabulous swimming hole. I was a connoisseur of awesome swimming holes. And i must say, the North East U.S. has a lot of them. Probably because it rains a lot.

The White mountains of NH; the Adirondack Mts of New York; and for extra wigginess, there's Maine.

I trekked around a lot out west as well...and it is spectacular...but i was always glad to get back to the salad bowl of the North East.
There's something akin to a snootiness that happens, regarding locales. Like, how could NY state have any wild land? It's New York. The big city.

But it does. I've done 6 day hikes there, without seeing a soul. Hiking up the south fork of the Boquet river, for instance...there wasn't even a trail. Possibly the clearest water i've ever seen. And waterfalls galore.
Plenty of trout in those waters.
I wonder why people mostly suck at having fun?- stanky
Count me in, then. I enjoy fishing for trout in streams, but there aren't any within 200 km of Auckland.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
That has to be among the best dog walking country around. You have some pretty good spots around there Grayman.