Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Confirmation: We're Fucked!
I've been dragged back into the fray in our local newspaper here...based on a letter they printed a month ago, wherein I called out the phony Christians.

There's a crazy woman here that is out to get me. She has slandered me, publicly; now several times.
I've been accused of Christian bashing and conservative bashing...and, paradoxically, I'm being bashed.

Mary begged me to ignore it. The woman is a nut-case. I can out-gun her, easily, with no guns.

But i can't led it slide. Opinions are formed from the bottom up. This stuff is the bottom.

I've never bashed a christian. I've bashed phony Christians if they get in my face. And she has done that.

I could let it slide if her assault had been private...but she has brought it into the public sphere of influence.
Her shit influences people's opinion.

This is vaguely difficult for me to digest in a way that feels sane.

I may have to crush her.
May we see the various letters to the editor?

As for Chreeeeetyuns and Bullshit Chreeeetyuns alike, you know where I stand: Planet'd be better off without 'em.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  There's a crazy woman here that is out to get me.

Bloody lucky you don't live anywhere that guns are readily available, or where insane people have guns, or even where people have been known to take up guns for any old reason at all.

If I lived somewhere that had those factors in play, I'd be giving up, since while thought travels at the speed of light, it carries no mass and therefore has no kinetic energy, unlike the .357 Magnum which fires a projectile weighing 8 gm (1/3 oz) and travels at 1400 km/hr (894 mph).

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  She has slandered me, publicly; now several times.
I've been accused of Christian bashing and conservative bashing...and, paradoxically, I'm being bashed.

I hope you're not in any way surprised.

It should be pretty plain that christians - and especially phony christians - don't believe in their sky-daddy's ability to defend himself and take up arms on his behalf. Mock not lest ye be mocked. Haven't you ever heard of Elisha?

Seems pretty clear to me that if a sky-fairy will use female bears to do his bidding, it's more likely he'd use humans for it. Even for a god, it must be fucking hard to tell a group of bears (a Hug of bears? A Teddy?) what to do. Humans, on the other hand, are begging to do shit for their god. Didn't Son of Sam say his sky-daddy told him to shoot all those people?

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  Mary begged me to ignore it.

Sensible woman, listen to her.

If she's "begged" you to stfu, that's a pretty strong thing to ignore, especially in the case of something as feeble as religion.

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  The woman is a nut-case. I can out-gun her, easily, with no guns.

All the emoticons in the world ran away at that statement.

You're wrong, and absurdly so. Fuck me, some bloke murdered (standyour ground, Fla!) the other day over a parking space, and you've offended her sky-daddy, to whom she prays every day. Gandhi and MLK both thought they could outsmart bullets, too. I've seen their headstones.

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  But i can't led it slide. Opinions are formed from the bottom up. This stuff is the bottom.

Rubbish, opinions trickle down, exactly unlike money.

How many school shootings prior to Alex Jones getting a voice on the internet had people claiming it was all crisis actors and deep fakes? People with empty brains need them filled - they don't dream this shit up. Clearly, in your idiot's case, all hers will be coming from one of three places:

The bible
Her pastor
Trump

Not necessarily in that order.

If, by chance, she's getting her messages direct from god, be afraid.

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  I could let it slide if her assault had been private...but she has brought it into the public sphere of influence.
Her shit influences people's opinion.

You're a self-admitted eccentric in public, so why is this getting to you so badly? Why would you give a fuck about what a loony says about you in public?

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  This is vaguely difficult for me to digest in a way that feels sane.

That's pretty obvious, because your post is insane. No thought whatsoever, no acceptance of cause & effect, and no notice whatsoever of the tiny fact that you live in the state with the greatest love index for guns: https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article205832679.html

(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)stanky Wrote:  I may have to crush her.

Yeah, I can see how that would work - you destroy her credibility and reputation, she blows your brains out.

Who won?

(Ever hear about my boy Pyrrhus? Giver of the name to the infamous Pyrrhic victory?)
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Easy for you to say, T,A.

You live in NZ.

But yeah... you;re mostly correct about this.

My problem is that I'm not actually a massive pussy. Yep, i'm a snowflake Bambi sort of dude...but I'm also a man.
(08-31-2018, 07:36 PM)stanky Wrote:  ...but I'm also a man.

Now, there's some toxic masculinity right there.

You need to get more in touch with your feminine side. And in your case, that's Mary, and she's 100% correct.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
This is why we need this outlet here.
I get to flush this out.
Maybe not get shot.

btw, T.A., i dig that 'group of bears' thing. "A hug? A Teddy?" Hilarious.

You're a bit harsh with me, but I'm getting ok with it.
My issue with this scenario i'm in is that i don't like to act (or not act) out of fear.

Do i fold out of fear? I don't like that.
Or is it simply the sane thing to do?

Hard to say.

Sparky;
Nah, i'd just as soon not show these letters here. Some anonymity is proper in this. Hope you get that.
"Nah, i'd just as soon not show these letters here. Some anonymity is proper in this. Hope you get that."

Yea. Of course.

Just thinking of the context that is lacking by not being able to see the actual exchange to date.
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(09-01-2018, 07:46 AM)stanky Wrote:  My issue with this scenario i'm in is that i don't like to act (or not act) out of fear.

I wouldn't call it fear as much as common sense, plus respect for your chick.

She's clearly upset by it all, and it's a lot more sensible to accede to her desires than yours, especially when yours is vengeance and hers is love.