Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsolicited Useless Information Litter.
Oh dear, why the aversion to weed-eaters?
They're whipper-snippers down here and a much loved implement for several reasons.

They easier than getting the mower out if you just need to cut a path to the clothes line.
They're fun to use and offer the opportunity to knock the heads off flowers we don't like.
But best of all they are the perfect excuse to annoy the shit out of the neighbours on a Sunday morning while giving us the cloak of innocence and offering the illusion that we are putting in virtuous effort for doing it. bwaahahahaha
I hate them because they love not to work correctly.

is that over anthropomorphisming it?
I find weed eaters to be infested with the spirit of Satan.

Everything about them screams out their love of Satan.

And that's only if you can get that to scream out anything.
And the threading of the plastic string?
I hate that.

It's like asking a dyslexic with a lisp to spell "Lithdipsea". or whatever.

anyway, i hate them.

and I need something to hate.
Please don't take that from me...just because you could.

jolene
(09-22-2018, 08:09 PM)stanky Wrote:  I hate them because they love not to work correctly.

Something about bad workmen blaming their tools?

Weedeaters are great. I have one that's done thousands of hours an it never misses a beat.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Maybe Satan doesn't express himself to you through your weed-eater?

Perhaps you have some other implement that isn't as friendly to you?
Say, a bread oven?

I get along with most tools.
The weed eater is the exception.

I kind-of want to shoot it through the head.
Which is why i kind-of want a gun.

Unless the gun wouldn't work.
And then i'd want to shoot the gun through the head.
Which gets complicated.

I'm not sure if a weed-eater even has a head.
Hate away Stanky, my dog hated it too. Luckily she was also scared to death of it and barked from a distance.
Mine was an electric one, with a trail of cord attached but never had an issue with it. It was as powerful as a motor one in the size that I could manage. No worries.

I hated mowing, but I could wield that whippersniipper like a magic wand.

I had old men from up the road stop to congratulate me on the straightness and neatness of my edges!
They were patronising old bastards who were amazed that a woman could actually use something as 'complicated and blokey' as a whippersnipper but I didn't care. I preened in the flattery.

I used it for everything I could think of. I pruned with it. We had azaleas across the front of the house and I could prune those bastards into perfect shapes with the whipper wand.

Ahhh, those were heady days, I doubt I could lift one above knee level now. siiiiiigh.
(09-22-2018, 10:57 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  I used it for everything I could think of.  I pruned with it.  We had azaleas across the front of the house and I could prune those bastards into perfect shapes with the whipper wand.

Very few people realise that's a good idea. I trim hedges with mine all the time. Much lighter than the hedge trimmer.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
in defense of the evil device, i'll confess that i have considered putting a propeller on the shaft and taking it out on the river, on the ass-end of a canoe.

I've also seen weed-eater motors rigged to bicycle drives.

Maybe it's the sound track of that beast?
Maybe that's what I don't love.

(It feels 'whiny' to me.)

dogs agree. As Di mentioned.

I listen to dogs, And Di.

What if I was able to shift my hate to leaf-blowers?
Would that give me a shot at regaining respect?
Or maybe i never had any?

so what about this leaf-blower compromise?

(It feels logical to me.)

sigh
You could be onto something there Stanky darlin'.   The pitch of them!

Whiny annoying and threatening, like a mozzie in a dark room when you're tryng to sleep,  or a hornet you can't quite spot.

Or like a hovering wasp about a foot from your ear.  Makes ya all nervy. Confused

Then the neighbour gets it too close to the steel fence and starts flogging the paint off it and it sounds bloody 'orrible and you just go arrrrghhh and wince.

And vacuum cleaners, they're whinging whining bastards too.

Leaf blowers though have that gutsy bass tone, like Harley Davidson bikes.  Comfy/sexy deep tones .. or maybe that's a girl thing about the Harleys?  Rolleyes