Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guns
Imagine a similar group like in the photo, but with black or Hispanic U.S. citizens.

Imagine the reaction.
"as the pope, i nominate grayman for sainthood.." - stanky
Oh, I don't need to imagine the reaction - not a single thing has changed in 51 fucking years.

https://calendar.eji.org/racial-injustice/dec/8

I can only shake my head at a country which just refuses to change, no matter what atrocity is perpetrated.

Even as a kid I was in awe a year before that when Tommy Smith & John Carlos raised their fists at the 100m ceremony. I watched it live and coming on the heels of TV footage showing peaceful black protesters being attacked by thugs in uniform, the whole US Civil Rights movement has been on my radar all my life.

The idea that people deserved different treatment because their skin colour was different was an amazing thing to me. With lots of wide spaces and a very high standard of living, racism was unknown in NZ then and I didn't understand it at all.

Still don't.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
A good friend of mine explains it thusly:
White supremacists miss the good old days when they could rape a black slave girl, and it wasn't a crime.
Louisiana man asks to borrow gun to commit robbery

Quote:According to arrest reports, an officer with the West Monroe Police Department was flagged down by two men in the parking lot of Academy Sports.

The men told the officer that Landon Duke, 19, approached them while in the parking lot of Planet Fitness. The men say that Duke saw their handguns on the front seat of their truck and asked if he could use their guns to rob someone. Duke allegedly needed the money so he could leave town.
"as the pope, i nominate grayman for sainthood.." - stanky
Bit of a backfire - sounds like he won't be leaving town for a while.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.