Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck me - a win!
I get sick and tired of bashing my head against brick walls, then every now and then something happens that gives me the strength to fight harder and longer.

(This is the only place I feel comfortable blowing my own trumpet, so excuse me, please!)

I've been representing a bloke in an employment case - I may have mentioned it - where the bloke got awarded $13k in damages.

The employer is a filthy, conniving scumbag, and as soon as the appeal period expired he put the company into voluntary liquidation, with zero chance of a payout.

By making an absolute pest of myself, I got the Herald to run this story yesterday:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11681829

I was gutted they didn't do a better job and disgusted they mentioned the criminal record, because it was irrelevant.

Anyway, I had my own page up, which pulled no punches at all!

I'd given up any hope of getting the money when the prick phoned me today, begging me to take my page down because his family had read it and were giving him a hard time!

I agreed, provided he started paying the fucking bill.

Unbelievably, he banked $1000 cash today, which I've already paid to Patrick and he knows he's going to get the rest or I put the page straight back up.

So I am fucking stoked!

Patrick is as poor as it gets - can't get a new job and needed a break. Now he has it.

Feel free to discuss, but please don't use the company name or its owner's name as I've agreed to stop hassling him and he's paid the first instalment. As long as he sticks to his side of the bargain, I'll stick to mine.

This is so much bigger to me than stopping Fuelstar - that was trying to stop idiots and their money being parted; this is a bloke's ability to feed his kids at stake.

I'm not charging a fee and the bugger tried to push a cut onto me today. No way was I taking a cent. Nobody else in NZ would do that.

Go me!!!!!!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
yeah man!

good on yee.

feels good to give it all away sometimes...like a blow against the absurd.
Yesterday, Mary gave her car away to a guy that spent the last 12 year in prison for a crime he didn't commit.
He's not family. neither of us even know him. How fucking crazy is that?

I told her how much her insanity appealed to me; that I was proud of her.

proud of you too, mate.
Such gestures and efforts are the equivalent of art, in my warped mind. We need them, to off-set the cold grey of excess logic.

Neat to see you so stoked.

(I'm guessing you might get laid tonight as well.)

I've never regretted any random acts of crazy effort and generosity.
Though, describing the buzz of it is difficult.

Wise of you to spill these beans here.

We wouldn't even know how to fuck this up for you, or whom to rat you out to.

Yeah you!
(07-27-2016, 11:40 PM)stanky Wrote:  (I'm guessing you might get laid tonight as well.)

I'm going for twice!

Bottle of champagne cold in the fridge as I type.

I'll have one for you, mate.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
One what? [Image: cool08.gif]

You restore my faith sometimes TA.  Well fought mate.

Yeah I see what you mean about the mention of his record, nothing whatever to do with the issue, except tenuously perhaps to explain the subsidy the boss was being paid for employing him.   To my way of thought that is more telling about the boss' character than the employee's.   But unfair to your client nonetheless.
(07-28-2016, 01:10 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  One what? [Image: cool08.gif]

You restore my faith sometimes TA.  Well fought mate.

Restored my own faith a lot as well.

When the article was first printed I was wishing I'd been a girl so I could've say down and cried about it. Patrick was devastated as well.

Yet, in the end it worked out, because without the article, nobody would've been searching for the slimy shit.

I still have to look at the bank to make sure I didn't dream it up - yep; there's the grand in and out!

(07-28-2016, 01:10 AM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Yeah I see what you mean about the mention of his record, nothing whatever to do with the issue, except tenuously perhaps to explain the subsidy the boss was being paid for employing him.   To my way of thought that is more telling about the boss' character than the employee's.   But unfair to your client nonetheless.

The subsidy is only related to the crime because it's obviously hard for him to get a job and they put up subsidies for anyone in that situation. The employer didn't ask or know about the jail time, so it was entirely irrelevant.

One funny thing about the subsidy - it was $307 a week. Patrick's net pay was $302.

The filthy cunt couldn't even pay him the entire subsidy.

Needless to add he wasn't paying tax.

Someone may have made a formal statement to the IRD about that...
This is hilarious!

The writer at the Herald sent me a Farcebook friend request, so I just went in to click on it and what pops up?

[Image: fb_zps57f27yxi.png]
With 'friends' like that .... [Image: happy-053.gif]

Facebook is a tad scary with that 'you may know' thing. I signed up under a bogus name and profile just out of curiosity and I still, after a couple of years of never touching it again, get 'do you know' emails.

Funny thing is that one name kept cropping up which I did know. Its was a fellow forum poster on a long defunct forum.
(We figured it out as the name of the other party was the same as the one he'd used on that old forum.) But mine wasn't even close to my forum username.
We email each other still now and then but no other contact . So how does Facebook make that link??
Neither of us were on facebook under our real names or profiles. Had to be a trace back to the forum and our ISPs somehow??

Shit is that even legal? ... never mind, it doesn't matter these days does it?
Facebook can read your email addresses. I have a bodgy account too.

It constantly makes connections that don't seem probable.

Google is God. Facebook is Moses.
I've been on face book exactly once. It caused an unwanted shit storm.
I foolishly replied to a friend that was on Linkedin once.
Fucking nightmare. Still can't shake those fucks in spite of my non-involvement.

The data-mining tech is very impressive. I'd love it if I was on the receiving end.
Instead, it's like an annoying insect in my face, fucking up my computer service.

I suspect soon, I will need to bail on this new wonder device.
The parts that irk the shit out of me are getting more potent than the awesome parts...partly due to my lack of savy therein.

Sometimes, I try to recall what I did before it appeared in my world...and I think I miss it.
I had more patience; less agitation. Took long walks; listened more. Read books on the porch.

I found myself actually yelling at the screen yesterday because of some stunningly invasive and deceptive shit that appeared as I was trying to learn some new stuff.
That's some new level of crazy for me.

(Um, is this a common thing?)

I will surely miss all of you and our exchanges when I pull the plug. It feels inevitable.
Plus, I'm disturbed by my addiction to it.
That can't be good. Too much time in chair.
Put on weight even. Gotten lazy.

Don't suppose I'm the only one experiencing the ugly side of this miracle.
Thats why you see me taking breaks for weeks and months at a time.

I miss the old pre internet me. It's only been 5 years.

Sigh. It is definitely an addiction.

Wait! It's a necessity. Gates, Zuckerberg, and co, have deemed it so.