Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics from space.
(05-17-2019, 12:00 PM)stanky Wrote:  Reading and writing are quickly becoming obsolete, imho.
Talking and listening are replacing them.

I would have said social media - which does contain an element of reading & writing - is replacing everything.

My kids still love books.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Quote:My kids still love books

Thank christ for that!  There seems (to me)  to be a tangible connection between a book and the brain which isn't emulated by a screen. 

or maybe I just got too attached to books when they were the only option.  I still love books, even though I seldom read them now.  That's down to eyesight more than loss of interest though.

Kids these days get rewarded 'for good behaviour' with a trip to Maccas or a new app,  I was given a book and treated them like winning an Olympic medal!  
Never read a book, even the Golden Books, that I didn't learn something from, no matter how trivial, there was never one that didn't produce something I didn't know before. 

People seem to be incapable of handling more than one sentence at a time these days.  But maybe I'm just outa the loop.
(05-17-2019, 04:47 PM)Di Wundrin Wrote:  Kids these days get rewarded 'for good behaviour' with a trip to Maccas or a new app,  I was given a book and treated them like winning an Olympic medal!  
Never read a book, even the Golden Books, that I didn't learn something from, no matter how trivial, there was never one that didn't produce something I didn't know before. 

People seem to be incapable of handling more than one sentence at a time these days.  But maybe I'm just outa the loop.

Funnily enough, books are holding their own and have made a strong comeback in recent years. Holding a Kindle just doesn't do it and physical book sales have recovered almost entirely.

Always plenty of kids at the library, so the printed word ain't dead just yet.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Nostalgia?

Shucks, i too love a real book. I hate reading on line. Makes my eyes buggy. Keeps me in proximity to the router system.

Some irony in this, as i recognize the value in eschewing paper and the cost of distribution of hard copy.
There is an almost poignant irony in it. Well spotted Stanky.
https://youtu.be/XeC4nqBB5BM
"Who's with me?." - stanky
too cool!
Well, shows how well musicians can play when they're high. RolleyesCool

That "Afro" hair must be a safety hazard up there though?? Confused