Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psychedelic drugs edging towards legitimacy?
oops.
that needs an edit:

Illegal psychedelic drugs are the most elegant of technological breakthroughs.
(05-06-2017, 02:01 AM)The Atheist Wrote:  The lack of use of psychotropic drugs through illegality has been likened to the Holocaust, and when you think about the millions of suicides and murders committed by mentally ill people, it might not be far wrong.

Still, the dam has broken and started a trickle that must soon sweep away the idiotic War on Drugs.

Here here!

And as for me, it's not just "back in the day" stankster.  I indulge annually, out there in the woods.  The beach is really good too.  Now that I think of it, anywhere away from the Things Of Man.  Like you, I'd never 'light up' in the city.  That would be the stuff of nightmares. Smile
You can lead 'em to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.
(05-06-2017, 10:48 AM)stanky Wrote:  And even war itself?

No, unfortunately not. The people who start wars are far too rational to ever allow their minds to be swayed from the single blind alley they choose to go down.
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
(05-06-2017, 01:12 PM)The Atheist Wrote:  
(05-06-2017, 10:48 AM)stanky Wrote:  And even war itself?

No, unfortunately not. The people who start wars are far too rational to ever allow their minds to be swayed from the single blind alley they choose to go down.

I trust you are being cynical here TA in the use of the word 'rational'.  Way I see it is that these damned fools are anything but rational.  War is just part of their plan to keep us all in line with their purpose which is arranging to have us give them all our fucking money.

No, they're not stupid, but I'd hardly call them rational.

For lack of a better term, I'd venture that they are mentally ill.  More for the sake of more.  Might already be a clinical description of same.  Hoarders, perhaps.  Except the thing they hoard is money and all that goes with it.

Pity the 1%.  Because they are sick.  They need our help.  Of course, it may take a revolution to ... 'cure' ... them.
(05-06-2017, 01:37 PM)sparks Wrote:  I trust you are being cynical here TA in the use of the word 'rational'. 

Oh yes.

(05-06-2017, 01:37 PM)sparks Wrote:  Way I see it is that these damned fools are anything but rational.  War is just part of their plan to keep us all in line with their purpose which is arranging to have us give them all our fucking money.

War is peace.

(05-06-2017, 01:37 PM)sparks Wrote:  Pity the 1%.  Because they are sick.  They need our help.  Of course, it may take a revolution to ... 'cure' ... them.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the mental illness idea, because anyone in favour of war is nuts. It's so fucking obvious, too - we've had quite a few centuries of showing what a bad idea it is, but we're still fucking doing it!
Love is... that one person whose freshly-warm toilet seat you don't find disgusting.
Magic mushroom therapy found effective for treating depression
"The moose defies domestication." *
* Some restrictions may apply.
~ stanky
thanks to g-man for bringing this thread back to life.

My brother has been doing some writing lately; tales of the past. We trade stories. He's asked me, like yesterday, to write about my crazy acid experiments. I took it pretty far, compared to most. He knew me then and now. We've known each other well, through the ages.
I've been stalling on responding to his request. It's a lot to think about. It's not an easy memoir to write.

There's a flip-side to grayman's post: That getting busted for illegal psychedelics can cause depression.
I've never been busted for illegal drug use. But I know people that have.
Being locked-up; paying a big fine...that shit can lead to depression.

I'm a fan of personal liberty over one's explorations of self...as long as it causes no harm to others.

I have stories that I'm not sure are appropriate here.
I have to think about it.
(11-29-2020, 06:19 PM)grayman Wrote:  Magic mushroom therapy found effective for treating depression

Good pick mate - yet another piece of evidence in the mental illness/psychedelic connection.

There was a leading pysch researcher in UK who stated that the failure to pursue psychedelics as treatment for depression and other mental illnesses was as bad as the Holocaust.

So far, it's probably cost more lives than the Holocaust.

I'm actively souring come 'shrooms or acid to help a 22 yo who's suffered from lifelong depression and anxiety, because the useless cunts he sees just prescribe him shit that makes him feel like shit instead of suicidal.

This really grinds my fucking gears, but the more evidence we get, the better chances of change, so I hope the keep it up, because it's excellent work so far.
Getting thrown in jail, paying fines and lawyers fees can, no doubt, cause depression.

It's called 'learning the hard way'. Smile. I have little sympathy for
peeps who think themselves above the, particularly when doing so is irresponsible.
Is it a mental condition to be depressed about bad shit? Wouldn't you be nuts if you weren't a tad depressed these days?

And who needs psychadelics when reality is all blown to Looking Glass land and nothing is reliable or believable now and psychadelia is the new normal?