Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quantum mechanics is starting to piss me off
occasionally, i feel like i'm starting to understand

'feel' is the right word, too.
'it' feels like a pure thought, without other random crap smacking into it and bringing on the decoherence.

the part that intrigues me is the interface between a lose particle and it's crazy mechanics, and the moment it loses its virginity and teams up with something in the classical world.

the dilemma is that the act of measuring introduces the free agent into a macro universe.
imagine the difficulty of an experiment, out to learn something about a lose particle, without exposing it to some tiny amount of the classical world. it's as though the little bugger is itching to interact with stuff...and that's it's true nature...its features appear as it begins to be part of something larger.

Our ability to isolate and study sub-atomic wavy-bits is an aberration, of sorts. it's a damn obscure thing, our curiosity about the nature of reality. we've really gone out on a limb for it. particle accelerators (like Cern) aren't cheap. and they need a staggerig amount of power, however briefly, to slam two bits together; going at speeds near "C". 

that's an insane collision! it bashes the shit out of those 'thing-ish' units. various sensors attempt to record all the bloddy sub-bits that get strewn about.

to anthropomorphize the situational, the wee-bits are totally confused. they never existed before, in many cases. it's bound to act weird. until it can reunite with the pre-existing world.

it's a truly un-natural state of matter that we've created, and it's devilishly difficult to observe.and then there's the tedious interpretation of the data. we're some sick fucks for even wanting to know any of this. there is that.

i'm in, almost against my better judgement.

i might ramble on about this for a bit here, just to flush it from my system.

Messages In This Thread
quantum mechanics is starting to piss me off - stanky - 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM